Monday, October 25, 2010

Palestine-Israel, 140 years, 63 years, 43 years, and the recent 7 years of joint struggle of the AAtW against suppression and transfer of Palestinians

The Zionist settler colonialist project dream of taking the whole Palestinian lands was frustrated again and again. The illusions of "two banks of the Jordan this and the others are ours" was already" long gone and forgotten. Even the smaller dream of taking all the west bank of the Jordan and cleansing it from Palestinians evaporated from the minds of most Zionists. The majority are resigned to accept a big Palestinian minority within their "Jewish state" but the Israeli elite and its followers still hope that hard bargaining may increase their share of the "holly land" and decrease the number of the Palestinians that will be in it. The joint struggle of the Jewish Israeli radicals with our Palestinian partners seems to bring to an end the support of the international elite to the expansion of the Zionist settler colonialist project.

Beit Ommar

Beit Ommar Committee Threatened Overnight by military, Need Israelis for Demo TODAY (Saturday October 23, 2010).

At 3am, popular committee members Ahmed Abu Hashem and Mousa Abu Maria were each visited by 15 soldiers, including a high-ranking officer, and threatened with arrest if they continued the demonstrations. Mousa and wife were both threatened with arrest and visits every night if we continued to participate in the demonstrations. The house was also trashed.

We would like a larger presence of Israelis today at the demonstration, with the anticipation that the military may indeed try to arrest Ahmed or Mousa. We meet at 12:30 to begin the demo at 1.

Saturday, "only one youngster age 15 was arrested in relative quit demonstration.
Beit Ula

Invitation for participation in joint action with Palestinians, from village grass root committees and initiative keep coming...

"Hi all,

we have been invited to a demonstration in Beit Ula this Friday. it is not far from beit Umar. if you can make it please let me know."


Thursday, court solidarity with Adeeb Abu Rahmah. "The military court of appeals will rule on Adeeb Abu Rahmah's appeal this Thursday.
Adeeb Abu Rahmah, a leading activist and organizer from the village of Bil’in, has been held in prison for 15 months, since his arrest during a demonstration against the wall on 10 July 2009.
The Israeli military court has convicted Adeeb of incitement, and sentenced him to 12 months in prison. The prosecution has appealed for a tougher sentence of 2 years imprisonment."
In spite of the solidarity action and international press presence, the prison term was prolonged to 18 months.

Friday, about 25 internationals and Dozen Israelis joined the weekly Palestinian demonstration in Bil'in against the wall and against the desperately fascist imprisonment of the leaders of the popular struggle for "incitement". The demonstrators marched to the wall's gate, which was left open, but hardly even got there before they were bombarded with tear gas. The demonstrators retreated to the northern part of the wall for a while, until they were gassed away again, and then returned to the gate. They protested peacefully for a while, and eventually decided to end the demonstration. On their way back to the village they were escorted with large doses of gas, while the local shabab attempted to stone the soldiers into order. The massive gassing caused one child to faint, but (no thanks to the soldiers who kept shooting), he quickly recovered.

(As usual, most of the Israelis, who come with the AAtW, continued to the afternoon demonstration in Sheikh Jarrah.)

Hebron - Al-Halil

Quite Saturday demonstration.

Al Ma’asara – Four Years and Going Strong

"October 2006 saw the beginning of regular demonstrations against the fence in the South Bethlehem region: women and kids from the villages most harmed by the fence stood in front of bulldozers and stopped the construction, and Palestinians and Israelis joined hands in a popular non-violent struggle to defend the land and stop the settlements.

Now, after four years of constant popular resistance in the face of on going military oppression, violence and arrests, we unite in a larger demonstration than usual, and tell the occupation forces that our message still stands:
No to the fence, no to settlements and the occupation –

Yes to partnership, peace, freedom and equality!"

The demonstration held today in Al Ma’asara marked four years of weekly protests as part of the popular struggle against the Israeli occupation, the confiscation of land through construction of settlements and the Apartheid wall. Hundreds of participants from France, Italy, Spain, England and other countries stood alongside Palestinians peacefully protesting Israel’s failure to comply with international law. Also present was Luisa Morgantini, former vice President of European Parliament. About 30 Israeli activists with the Anarchists Against the Wall initiative, as well as other Israelis from Active Stills and Ta’ayush (who as usual continued after the demo to the Sheikh-Jarrah weekly Friday afternoon demonstration).

The Israeli forces stopped the demonstration long before reaching its destination and immediately made use of sound bombs and tear gas in an attempt to disperse the activists, despite the peaceful nature of the demonstration. An older French activist was injured when a high velocity tear gas canister shot into the air by the Israeli forces struck him in the head.

Two Israeli activists were detained after crossing the line formed by the soldiers. The demonstrators held fast and refused to leave for another hour until the two activists were released.

The residents of Al Ma’asara together with international supporters declared their intentions to continue the struggle to defend their rights.

Israel Puterman video Al-Ma'asara - 4 years struggle anniversary


Nabi Saleh

Israeli Border Police Seized, Attacked and Burned Nabi Saleh Homes During Demo; 2 Palestinians Arrested

October 22, 2010

House burnt by tear gas canisters attack; houses invaded and used as military outposts; soldiers shooting on sight whomever in their range; making arrests; collectively punishing a population by mass tear gas attacks; snipers shooting rubber bullets; and live ammunition shot towards protesters - another long Friday of harsh Israeli army repression was the share of Nabi Saleh residents, bravely standing up for their freedom against the strangulating occupation and the Halamish settlement, built itself on the village's lands.

The demonstration's initial march was even shorter than usual as it met with an immediate unprovoked attack by Israeli border police, shooting tear gas canisters directly at the protesters, a conduct which persisted throughout the demonstration and which violates even the army's own regulations.

This attack was soon followed by an army break-in and takeover of several houses within the village, using them and especially their roofs as military outposts. During the second Intifada the Israeli army took over houses for months in a row, and now residents say the houses taken over during the demonstration are likely to be repeatedly taken over in the coming Fridays. The army soldiers took the liberty (with, in many cases, twisted pleasure) to shoot on sight whomever was in their range. Only in few cases stones were thrown back to ward off the army's incursion. Snipers used rubber bullets and close to the end of the army's incursion into the village, soldiers also shot live ammunition towards the protesters. Several protesters sustained non-serious injuries, mostly from tear gas canisters shot directly at them.

Within the army's unprovoked and cruel attacks inside a populated area, two houses were hit by tear gas canisters. In one of the houses a fire erupted as a result . The fire consumed some of the family property (mostly mattresses and the internal walls paint). Protesters came to put out the fire, and later own Palestinian fire department tracks arrived.

In a separate incident two Palestinian protesters were arrested for no justified reason.

On Thursday night, prior to the day of the demo, as is the case on many nights since the demos has started – the Israeli army has invaded the village and patrolled it. No arrests were made. Some 10 army jeeps were involved in this Friday's army incursion into Nabi Saleh.

The three village's youth who were arrested during last Friday were released on Tuesday and Thursday to the joy of their families, friends and supporters.


Around 50 demonstrators marched from the village to the apartheid wall
the cutting through the village land, even though it is the olive
harvest season many are not allowed to go and work on there land.
Few minutes after the demonstration reached the wall the army started
to shoot many tear gas canisters. Moments later the armed forces open
the gate a crossed to the other side of the wall shooting and chasing
the demonstrators, few of the demonstrators responded with stones to
slow down the soldiers. not like the last few months soldiers came
from different directions trying to surprised the demonstrators. The
soldiers attack was stopped few times by tear canisters that were
thrown back on them. after almost 3 hours when both sides went
back.There were no injures or arrests during the demo.
David Reeb Ni'ilin video and fragments from An Nabi Salih (with faulty battery) at:



The struggle against transfer continue with participation of the Israeli activists of the Sheikh Jarah coalition the Anarchists Against the Wall are part of/

Video from Sunday 17-10-10


Israel Puterman video ex-President Jimmy carter in


Instead of the usual demonstration against the separation fence: "The community of al-walaje and it's popular committee for the struggle against the wall

invites all supporters to join olive harvest in one of the plots that the wall will run through at Friday 22.10.10 12:00
See of the Anarchists Against the Wall, and my Previous reports at:

No comments: